Saturday 28 October 2017

Snake Magic

Snake Magic

As most of you know I have an affinity with nature. I am happiest and at peace when out connecting with the elements, at one with all that is around me. I love all the seasons… witnessing their changing cycles. I especially love to acknowledge the signs nature gifts me along my journey. The messages guiding and encouraging me to flow with the energy I feel.

I love exploring the local bush, river waterways and of course our magnificent coastline… always sharing this with my faithful doggy companion Mishy. To me, nature contains all the magic of healing and wisdom.

Recently, the snake energy has entered my awareness. Like most people, I have always held a respectful yet ‘alerted to danger’ kind of response to these beautiful creatures. Keep away from me….and I’ll keep away from you!

On a recent visit to the Greenough Wildlife Park with thirty plus Kindy kids in toe, we were all offered to have a hold of the owner, Michelle’s, treasured pet carpet python. I was the lucky last. I decided to face my fear and assumed I would have a little hold like the others. NO! She gently placed her pet around my shoulder…turned her back to me, and began to share her passionate teachings about Australian reptiles! When you’re passionate about something, you tend to talk for a long time…..this is exactly what happened!!!

 I knew that this experience was meant to be, so I surrendered and just allowed this snake energy to connect. I was surprised as a wave of deep calmness flowed through me. This most beautiful creature dissolved all remnants of fear I held….and I was enveloped in an energy of peace, of trust, of love. I began to feel myself swaying with the snakes’ rhythm…and felt that pull to be drawn into a meditative state. That is until I was brought back to the reality of standing in front of a fair sized group of children, teachers and parents!

Now snakes are a regular sighting at this time of the year, with the weather warming up and I am told it is also breeding season. The birthing of new life. My son, Izaac stumbled upon a snake in our yard….and I also found a sign up at the church where our meditation classes are held warning “BEWARE SNAKE”. I stood holding the sign looking around. Now I am not sure if I was failing to get the message, but my latest encounter sure pushed the point!

Walking home from a morning walk along the beach, I was lost in thought about a beautiful white fluffy feather that had floated on my path. I sensed a feeling of protection. Like an angel was walking beside me.  Mishy suddenly alerted me to a presence! A large dugite had sprang out from a hole underneath the pathway I was walking. I remembered Michelle’s words of wisdom….to turn and calmly walk away….but NO! This snake was protecting its home and proceeded to chase Mishy and I along the path. A passing driver was witness to this and drove his car up the curb ….the snake retreated back to its hole. I must say that this would have been a hilarious sight. A funniest home video winner for sure. The snake did not bite us…and believe me we were very close…..but I got her message.

Ok snake…I think it’s time I listen. I felt her message in the symbolism of her shed skin near the entrance to her hole. The shedding of the old, a time of renewal…of rebirth as she emerges from the underworld of her hole….having faced the shadows of self, integrating the changes to begin again the next cycle of life. Emerging out to receive the energy of the sun … filling her renewed form with Light.

In meditation I decided to connect with this exotic primordial energy of the Divine snake. I visioned a stairway leading up. Each step forward I felt my energy rising…a new level of understanding emerging. Within the temple, at the peak, I felt a powerful yet gentle transformation as I saw the melding of the masculine and feminine energies blend into a potent Divine energy. A marriage and I was the child. The snake energy flowed in an erotic dance of continual evolution, rising higher and higher into finer and lighter frequencies….. expanding….balancing and harmonising…leaving me with a deep sense of inner peace.


I too am emerging from the stillness of my inner retreat and I am feeling the call to step forward along my path, to share more of my journey. I wasn’t listening to this call before, so this is the nudge I needed. A beginning of something new, to trust as I am being guided forward …and to where this will be is yet to unfold.

I give my eternal gratitude and thanks to the message of the snake energy. This was the push I needed to finally share my world and write a blog. So next time a snake crosses your path…listen to the messages it shares. It may be just the sign you need.

In Love and Light
Leanne xxx

1 comment:

Message of Mother Earths Love Listening within, I am drawn to go outdoors. Silently walking along the meandering river path,...